Acados installation for windows/matlab

Hi,

I am having a lot of troubles trying to run acados in windows, first of all I cannot find the folder called acados_root_folder. Please help me.

Francesco

Hi @Fra97,
I suppose you are following these instructions:
https://docs.acados.org/installation/index.html

If there are paths that depend on your personal PC setup, they are encapsulated with <your_path>. For example if you want to install it in C:\temp\acados\ your <acados_root_folder> is C:\temp\acados\.

Regards

1 Like

Thank you @mss,

I am still having a lot of troubles: I downloaded git but I cannot find gitshell, I only have bash, gui and cmd on my computer.
Moreover when doing the command “cmake.exe -G “MinGW Makefiles” -DACADOS_INSTALL_DIR=”$ACADOS_INSTALL_DIR" -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF -DACADOS_WITH_OSQP=ON …" powershell gives the error “CMake Error: The source directory does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI”.

I am really struggling to install acados…

I’m assuming that you are in the acados/build folder that it tells you to create?
If so, check if you added the two dots “…” at the end of the command. These tell to look at the acados folder for the cmakelist.txt.

Hi,

First of all, I want to say thanks for developing this tool.
It works fine for me but the issue I am facing is that everytime I restart my Matlab, the Acados is not working and shows some strange cmake errors. So I redo the installation and it shows the following error:

Error using acados_template_mex.compile_ocp_shared_lib
Building templated code as shared library failed.
CMakeFiles\acados_ocp_solver_quad_mpc.dir/objects.a(acados_solver_quad_mpc.c.obj):acados_solver_quad_mpc.c:(.text+0x191): undefined reference to `ocp_nlp_in_set’

Could you please let me know have you faced this before or am I missing sth during installations?
Thanks in advance,
Babak