Python interface under Anaconda environment [Windows]

Hello
I’m using windows. I tried to install the Python interface according to the procedure under the Anaconda virtual environment, but when I tried to execute the first example, the following error appeared and I could not solve it.
The build was done by VS2019.
Since t_renderer could not be downloaded automatically, I manually downloaded “t_renderer-v0.0.34-windows” from git, renamed it and put it in acados / bin.

I’m sorry for the rudimentary questions and poor English, but I would be grateful if anyone could help.
Thank you.

(Acados2) C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started>python minimal_example_closed_loop.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started\minimal_example_closed_loop.py", line 104, in <module>
    acados_ocp_solver = AcadosOcpSolver(ocp, json_file = 'acados_ocp_' + model.name + '.json')
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 780, in __init__
    with open(json_path + '/simulink_default_opts.json', 'r') as f:
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: '"C:\\Users\\Kengo\\acados"\\interfaces/acados_template/acados_template/simulink_default_opts.json'
Exception ignored in: <function AcadosOcpSolver.__del__ at 0x00000192477D2790>
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 1470, in __del__
    model = self.acados_ocp.model
AttributeError: 'AcadosOcpSolver' object has no attribute 'acados_ocp'

Hi Kengo,

I made a commit to set up all the paths in the Python interface in an OS agnostic way.
Could you try with this branch and give feedback?

Cheers!

Hello FreyJo.

Thank you for your reply.
I am deeply grateful for the correction code.

I’m not very familiar with github so I’m not sure if what I’ve done is correct so let me know.
I replaced the 9 fix files you provided in the acados file and then built using VS. Then I installed it in a virtual environment with pip3 to build a Python interface.

After this fix, I ran the first example again, but got the following error.
A part of the code is in Japanese, but the meaning of the Japanese part is "Internal or external command,
It is not recognized as an accurately program or batch file. "

(Acados) C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started>python minimal_example_closed_loop.py
'C:\Users\Kengo\acados\bin\t_renderer' は、内部コマンドまたは外部コマンド、
操作可能なプログラムまたはバッチ ファイルとして認識されていません。
  File "C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started\minimal_example_closed_loop.py", line 104, in <module>
    acados_ocp_solver = AcadosOcpSolver(ocp, json_file = 'acados_ocp_' + model.name + '.json')
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 799, in __init__
    ocp_render_templates(acados_ocp, json_file)
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 634, in ocp_render_templates
    render_template(in_file, out_file, template_dir, json_path)
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\utils.py", line 219, in render_template
    raise Exception('Rendering of {} failed! Exiting.\n'.format(in_file))
Exception: Rendering of main.in.c failed! Exiting.

Exception ignored in: <function AcadosOcpSolver.__del__ at 0x000001E76A88F1F0>
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 1465, in __del__

I manually installed the t_renderer file using the same procedure as last time and granted access.
This error is different from the last time and it looks like the path issue has been resolved. I thought about the possibility of my mistake and tried again, but the result was the same. I would be grateful if you could help me.

Thank you.

I pushed 2 more commits here:

Can you try with those changes too?

I think the binary should be named
C:\Users\Kengo\acados\bin\t_renderer.exe on Windows.
I hope it will work like this.

Thank you to the corresponding.
After rewriting the source code, renaming the t_renderer file to “t_renderer.exe” and executing it, the following error occurred.

(Acados) C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started>python minimal_example_closed_loop.py
Error: Os { code: 123, kind: Other, message: "ファイル名、ディレクトリ名、またはボリューム ラベルの構文が間違っ ています。" }
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 799, in __init__
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 634, in ocp_render_templates
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\utils.py", line 221, in render_template    raise Exception('Rendering of {} failed!\n\nAttempted to execute OS command:\n{}\n\nExiting.\n'.format(in_file, os_cmd))
Exception: Rendering of main.in.c failed!

Attempted to execute OS command:
C:\Users\Kengo\acados\bin\t_renderer.exe 'c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\c_templates_tera\*' 'main.in.c' 'C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started/acados_ocp_pendulum_ode.json' 'main_pendulum_ode.c'

Exiting.

Exception ignored in: <function AcadosOcpSolver.__del__ at 0x00000195868D51F0>
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 1465, in __del__

It seems that the OS command that matches the fix code you provided is being executed, but I don’t know how to fix it. I’m sorry.
I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

Hi Kengo,

sorry, I missed two more paths and made them OS agnostic with this commit:

Let me know if it works!

Thank you for your reply.
I tried to apply four new fixes, but I got a similar error. The path to “acados_ocp_pendulum_ode.json” seems to be correct, but for some reason the error seems to continue.

Error: Os { code: 123, kind: Other, message: "ファイル名、ディレクトリ名、またはボリューム ラベルの構文が間違っています。" }
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 797, in __init__
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 632, in ocp_render_templates
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\utils.py", line 221, in render_template    raise Exception('Rendering of {} failed!\n\nAttempted to execute OS command:\n{}\n\nExiting.\n'.format(in_file, os_cmd))
Exception: Rendering of main.in.c failed!

Attempted to execute OS command:
C:\Users\Kengo\acados\bin\t_renderer.exe 'c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\c_templates_tera\*' 'main.in.c' 'C:\Users\Kengo\acados\examples\acados_python\getting_started\acados_ocp_pendulum_ode.json' 'main_pendulum_ode.c'

Exiting.

Exception ignored in: <function AcadosOcpSolver.__del__ at 0x000001AF56F941F0>
  File "c:\users\kengo\acados\interfaces\acados_template\acados_template\acados_ocp_solver.py", line 1463, in __del__

Thank you.

Hm, it seems like it cannot call the binary.

The japanese error translates to:
“The syntax of the file name, directory name, or volume label is incorrect.”
which probably refers to the path of the binary, which seems correct though,

C:\Users\Kengo\acados\bin\t_renderer.exe

Maybe this is connected to the fact that you use an anaconda virtual environment, but I am really not sure.