Possible errors in the installation instructions

Hey there,

after installing Acados in general and installing the Python interface, I have probably found two instructions that are not correct:

1 – Installing Acados via cmake

On the page Installation, the code block

mkdir -p build
cd build
cmake -DACADOS_WITH_QPOASES=ON ..
# add more optional arguments e.g. -DACADOS_WITH_OSQP=OFF/ON -DACADOS_INSTALL_DIR=<path_to_acados_installation_folder> above
make install -j4

contains an error, I think. If you create the folder build and cd into it, the installation fails. If you do not go into the folder build but stay in the <acados_root>, the installation runs fine; tested on MacOS, as well as Ubuntu.

2 – Installing the Python interface

On the following installation page of the Python interface, the code block

virtualenv env --python=/usr/bin/python3.7
# Source the environment
source env/bin/activate

contains another possible error: I tried those instructions on MacOS, as well as on Ubuntu; the command virtualenv is not known to bash or zsh. The command according to Creation of virtual environments is python -m venv /path/to/new/virtual/environment, which I used and it worked.

Best regards
Marco

Hi,

1. I don’t think it is an error. It is just common that people forget the .. in the end of the cmake command.
  2. virtualenv is a dependency that we recommend to install. Of course people can use other ways to create virtual python environments.

Thanks for the feedback!