Problem with cross-compiling of acados for DS1401

Short update:

There is one issue with BLASFEO, which I addressed here: use CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME instead of CMAKE_HOST_SYSTEM_NAME to set OS specific flags by FreyJo · Pull Request #160 · giaf/blasfeo · GitHub
All other fixes are already on the acados master branch.
The current acados/master with this BLASFEO version was tested successfully on the MABX2 by @AlexWin

Once this is merged, I will also make a new acados release and post here again.

2 Likes

Hey @AlexWin and @FreyJo,

thank you for your answers and help!

With the BLASFEO pull request #160 the cross-compile process worked fine for me and I was now able to build my acados MPC model from simulink.

I’m excited how this will work on the MABX :blush:

Thanks again,
Jasper

1 Like

Hi @jasper_fr,

just curious, is it working?

Alex

Hey Alex,

the compiling is working, but another problem came up when i tried to load my application on the MABX. There is an undefined Error ID 0x2712 (see screenshot below) and thus i have no real time data in ControlDesk.

I am already in contact with dSPACE Support. At first glance they could not help me but they did have a similar support request a few weeks ago. After sending them my application files, i hope the problem can be solved…

Kind regards,
Jasper

Hi jasper,

that error codel looks a bit different than the one we had (might actually be the one request dspace is talking about). You are on the latest acados release?
Looks more like a dSPACE Bug though…

Good luck! Please let us know if that has anything to do with acados.
Alex

Yes, I’m on the latest acados release and on blasfeo PR #160. I hope that dSPACE can help me quickly with the error message…
Do you know if there is any log file created by ControlDesk? It would make the troubleshooting much easier to know from which function or in which step the error is thrown.

Cheers, Jasper

I did a little more trial and error and now i get only the following error code in the dSPACE log.
It seems like the application is running on the MABX but the connection to Control Desk does not work properly…
Did anyone had this error code, too?

Thanks,
Jasper